Dental Health Week 2021
Show us how you create oral health experts & win a $1000 CPD voucher!
Dental Health Week – what is it?
Dental Health Week (DHW) takes place each year in the first full week of August and this year DHW will be August 2 –8. The theme for 2021 is Keep Your Smile for Life.
DHW aims to educate Australians on the key daily steps they should be taking to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
The oral health of many Australians is not where it should be:
75% adults rarely or never floss or clean between their teeth.
- 1 in 5 adults brush only once per day.
- 39% of parents report their children drink 2 - 5 soft drinks per week.
- 2 in 3 adults usually visit the dentist for a problem rather than a regular check-up.
- 47% of adults (18+ years) consume too much sugar.
Resources for Dental Practitioners
The four key messages of the 2021 DHW campaign aim to reinforce the importance of maintaining good oral health throughout a person’s life:
- Brush teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste;
- Clean between your teeth daily using floss or interdental brushes;
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and limit added sugar; and
- Visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and preventive care.
To assist in spreading the messages, ADA has produced a range of resources for Dental Practices.
Competition - Oral Health Experts - win a $1000 CPD voucher!
ADAQ wants you to create oral health experts in your community: share your knowledge so your patients can take control of their health.
To celebrate DHW 2021, the ADAQ Oral Health Committee are asking Members to help spread the word about Oral Health best practices in their community;
Brushing (1 in 5 adults do not brush twice a day)
- Flossing (only 25% of adults floss once a day)
- Reduce sugar intake, and
- Visit a Dentist.
Need some ideas on how you can spread the word?
Organise a visit to the local primary school or kindergarten
- Join a Mother’s Group catch-up
- Find a volunteering opportunity
- Hold a display at your local shopping centre.
Each submission will be judged by a panel and the winner will be awarded a $1000 CPD Voucher.
How to enter
To enter, to tell us how you have promoted oral health to your local community in 2021.
Terms and Conditions:
1. To be eligible to win, you, or a person within your Practice must be a Member of ADAQ
2. Applicants must not be a Member of the ADAQ oral health committee or Council.
3. Only one (1) entry per individual/practice will be accepted.
4. Entries close at 5pm on Sunday, 8 August 2021.
5. The winner will be announced by Friday, 13 August 2021.
6. The winner will be chosen by the Oral Health Committee.
7. The winner will receive an ADAQ CPD voucher to the value of $1000.
8. The CPD voucher is valid until 31 December 2021.
9. If not used by the above date, any outstanding amount will be forfeited.
10. The CPD voucher cannot be refunded in cash.
11. The CPD voucher is only applicable for use for ADAQ CPD activities (subject to availability).