Frequently asked questions
1. How long will the mentor program run for?
The pilot mentor program will run for approximately 7 months from 4 May to 14 December 2020.
2. Are there costs involved?
Mentors are volunteers and pay no fees.
Mentees pay $50 including GST.
3. How many people can participate in the pilot program?
A maximum of 20 mentees matched with 20 mentors. So, hurry if you want to take part!
4. Why do you need me to provide so much information on my application form?
The information you provide will help us ‘match’ the right mentee with the right mentor, based on experience, skills and what you both want to achieve from the pilot program.
5. When will I know if I’ve been successful, and if so, who I’ve been matched with?
Once you have uploaded your profile, we will contact you to confirm whether you’ve been accepted into the program and who has been selected as your mentoring partner.
You will hear from us by the middle of April.
6. What will I have to do if my application is successful?
If your application is successful, you will be asked to complete a one-hour online training. The training will help provide you with the knowledge and skills to have a successful mentoring relationship.
You will also be encouraged to attend the following:
1. Program Launch webinar – 6 May 2020 - 12pm - 1pm
2. Progress Review webinar – 25 August 2020 - 12pm - 1pm
3. Program Close webinar– 18 November 2020 - 12pm - 1pm
It will be up to each mentee/mentor pair to establish their own timetables for their one-on-one meetings, which should probably take place at least monthly throughout the program.
7. Will discussions between mentees and mentors be confidential?
Absolutely! Great mentee/mentor relationships are based first and foremost on trust. Your participation in the program is confidential and you will agree with your partner how you will handle confidentiality between each other.