Play it Safe this #MouthguardMarch
Join the oral health campaign that urges the public to protect their smiles and seek custom-fitted mouthguards from Dental professionals.
Each year, thousands of adults and children are treated for dental injuries that could have been prevented or minimised by simply wearing a properly fitted mouthguard. A custom-fit mouthguard can prevent severe damage to the teeth, jaw, tongue, and lips. It may also absorb impact forces.
The Australian Dental Association Queensland (ADAQ) strongly recommends the use of a mouthguard as follows:
- where intentional collision and contact are part of the game such as rugby, hockey or boxing;
- any other sports or activity where there is a risk of accidental collision or impact at speed and/or with hard surfaces or equipment, e.g. cricket, basketball, netball, touch football, soccer, skating, skateboarding, acrobatics, martial arts…
- at any age and skill level; and
- during games and all training sessions.
Mouthguard March Social Media Images. Download
Advancing the oral health of Queensland is a key strategic priority for the Australian Dental Association (Queensland Branch) and we encourage our Members to promote this campaign. ADAQ has produced a number of marketing resources that Dental Practices can utilise.
- Social media tiles, proposed captions and hashtags
- Information sheets
- Play it safe – wear a mouthguard
- Oral Health Dental First Aid – how to handle a dental emergency